This is a simplified statement of our basic beliefs. The complete doctrinal statement of FBC goes into more detail and is available at the link below.
- We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired word of God. It is the final authority for what we believe and how we live. It reveals God, a literal creation in six days, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God’s plan and purpose for the ages.
- We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit – God in three persons, blessed Trinity.
- We believe the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection from the dead.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit – indwelling all who receive Christ as Savior and enabling believers to live a life that pleases God.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith.
- We believe that people are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Justification establishes an eternal relationship that can never be broken.
- We believe in the visible, personal, and pre-millennial return of Christ.
- We believe that heaven and hell are real places. Those redeemed by Christ enjoy everlasting life in heaven. Those who reject Christ perish in hell for all eternity.
- We believe in the sanctity of human life; life is sacred and created by God and begins at conception.
- We believe that marriage was instituted, ordained and sanctioned by God and is a sacred union between one man and one women.
Our church constitution contains our doctrinal statement. You can read it here.
Our doctrinal statement is based on the New Hampshire Baptist Confession of Faith which you can read here.